Thursday, November 25, 2010

I Am Thankful...

...For my parents who loved Jesus enough to get me to want to love Jesus too…
...For siblings who were built-in playmates – our escapades never cease to make me smile…
...For a hero uncle who rescued a little girl…
...For a princess aunt who didn’t believe everything she heard about me, instead gently reminded me that I am loved…
...For a pastor friend who cried at the thought of not seeing me in Heaven someday, and who introduced Jesus to me; I was 10, he was…old (well at least to a ten-year-old!)…
...For a pastor’s wife who invited us to their house for lunch the first time we visited the church, and has been a great friend ever since…
...For in-laws who never saw me as a competitor for their son’s affection; rather, they see me as contributor to his success…
...For life-long friends who’ve had my back when others sought to stab it…
...For a daughter who fights for the underdog, and for her husband who fights alongside her…
…For a granddaughter whose smile lights up a room, whose laughter brightens my day, and whose hugs warm my heart…
...For a daughter who faces her fears by serving her Savior, and for her boyfriend who served beside her…
...For a son who follows his heart, and for his wife who walks beside him…
...For the boy who loved me for who I was back then, and for the man who loves me for who I am now…
...For a Savior who loved me from the start and will continue to love me without end
...For God from Whom all blessings flow.
I am thankful.

1 comment:

  1. I love this one! I really really do!!! It's perfect and lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Please make my day by leaving me a comment. It's always nice to know when someone's been by...