Sunday, October 10, 2010

He’s Everything To Me

When I was a little girl, there was a song that I loved to sing, especially in times when things weren't going the way I hoped they would go.  My dad had brought back an LP album named Suzanne Johnson:  Suzanne Goes Folk and one of the songs on there was "He's Everything To Me".  I remember playing it over and over until I memorized all the words, and I would sing it in my head whenever I could -- walking to the jeep stop at the top of Torres Bugallon on the way to school, walking back to school after lunch from my friend Brenda's house,...anytime I was lonely or upset, happy or just thinking, I would sing this song.

He was everything to me then...


In the stars His handiwork I see, in the wind He speaks with majesty
Though He ruleth over land and sea,what is that to me?

I will celebrate Nativity for it has a place in history
Sure, He came to set His people free…what is that to me?

‘Til by faith I met Him face to face and I felt the wonder of His grace
Then I knew that He was more than just a god who didn’t care – who lives away out there and

Now He walks beside me day by day ever watching o’er me lest I stray
Helping me to walk the narrow way –


He’s everything to me…
He’s more than a story – more than words on a page of history
He’s the air that I breathe, the water I thirst for
And the ground beneath my feet – He’s everything…
…everything to me.

...and He's still everything to me now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please make my day by leaving me a comment. It's always nice to know when someone's been by...